Vizio SmartCast TVs are an excellent source of luxury in home entertainment. With remarkable applications in terms of quality and display, Vizio brings out the best in SmartCast technology. However, among some simple glitches, Vizio TV stuck in wide mode is not new. This article will explain methods to fix Vizio TV stuck in Wide Mode.
The Vizio TV comes with the provision of adjusting the display size. And along with the typical features of a smart TV, Vizio SmartCast TV allows broader monitoring of the TV via a mobile or tablet.
Also, you can control more than one Smart TV through a single tablet or mobile. With such conveniences, resolving issues with Vizio TV stuck on wide mode is just a piece of cake.
The various modes that can alter the display of our Vizio screen for comfortable viewing are; Normal mode, wide mode, and Zoom mode. You may choose among these as per your choice.
The normal mode doesn’t cause any alterations in the picture size of the content displayed. Wide mode, on the other hand, will stretch contents with a smaller picture size to match the aspect ratio of your Vizio TV.
Note that the aspect ratio may vary depending on the model of the TV that you own. So make sure to check the model before attempting any changes. Finally, Zoom mode, as the name suggests, allows you to zoom in on the picture displayed.
However, there are instances where your TV might freeze in the Wide mode. This issue doesn’t take much to tackle, and all you need is guidance. So let’s get started with the step-by-step guide on how to fix Vizio TV stuck in wide mode.
Why does Vizio get TV stuck in wide mode?
Complex changed to your Vizio TV are made under the wide mode, like changing the aspect ratio of the content you are viewing. For example, If your Vizio TV has an aspect ratio of 16:9, then selecting this mode will increase the size of the content displayed, to fit the ratio.
The various options under wide mode may vary based on the picture size of the content that you are watching. Sometimes, selecting a wide mode might not cause any visible changes. The aspect ratio might be the reason for this issue.
Based on the aspect ratio of the content, the picture size may vary and automatically adjust to either of the modes, without your prior selection. Hence it appears to not have changed and is still in normal mode even after you select a different mode.
But at other times, the content might appear to exceed the aspect ratio of your Vizio TV and it wouldn’t switch back to normal mode. This might arise due to a prefixed aspect ratio adjusted by a standard source device such as your satellite boxes. Or it could be any other reason.
If you are not sure of the reason behind this error, don’t worry. In such situations, where your Vizio TV is stuck in wide mode, we recommend you to follow the guidelines provided below.
Fix Vizio TV stuck in Wide mode/zoom mode
1. Changing the aspect ratio of your Vizio TV stuck on Wide Mode.
These are the steps to perform the switch between the various modes.
- Go to ‘menu’ using your Vizio remote.
- Select ‘system’ and press ‘OK’.
- Select ‘aspect ratio’ and press ‘OK’.
- You will see the three modes. Click on ‘Normal mode’.
If the picture size remains the same even after the above steps, here are the steps to follow.
2. Change the aspect ratio of your Vizio TV stuck on Wide mode via source device.
Follow these steps;
- Look for the ‘Format’, ‘Wide’, ‘Shape’ keys on the source device remote control.
- Press these buttons to make the required adjustments.
- Look for ‘menu button on the source device.
- Look for aspect ratio settings under system settings.
3. Changing the source device.
- Press the ‘Input’ button on your Vizio TV remote
- Once the input menu opens, choose a different input source.
- Then, try changing the aspect ratio in this input. Follow the previous steps on how to change the aspect ratio.
If the modes do not switch based on your choice even after changing the input, do not worry. Just read on.
4. Reset the picture size of our Vizio TV.
Sometimes, you might have chosen the inaccurate aspect ratio for your Vizio TV. In such situations, where you do not know which aspect ratio is perfect, we would advise you to reset the picture resolution to its initial or original value.
Here are the steps to follow to bring about this change.
- Press the ‘menu’ key on your Vizio TV remote.
- Select ‘picture’ using the up and down arrows.
- Now, choose ‘more’ using the right arrow and a list will appear.
- Highlight ‘reset mode’ and press ‘OK’ on your remote.
Following this step, brings back the original resolution of the picture displayed on your Vizio TV screen. It will change the aspect ratio and bring the TV back to normal mode. If the display remains on wide mode, do not panic and move on to the next step.
Note: Based on the model of your TV, the instructions to perform the above steps may vary. Make sure to view your Vizio TV instruction manual before attempting this method.
in order to know more about your TV model, click here.
5. Power cycle your Vizio TV stuck in wide mode.
It is the basic method in resolving any issue that might occur with your TV starting from Vizio TV stuck on logo to Vizio TV stuck in wide mode. Most of the time a power cycle is performed manually without involving the features provided in the menu for a ‘soft power cycle’.
Here, we will explain both alternatives to power cycle your Vizio TV stuck in Wide mode.
The main purpose of this cycle is to clear out any cache memory left and restarts the TV with a fresh power supply. In order to perform an effective power cycle, follow the steps explained below.
- Switch off your Vizio TV.
- Remove the cord wire from the power slot.
- Press and hold the power button of your Vizio TV for about 20 seconds.
- Release the button. Wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Now plug the cord wire back in.
- Press and hold the power button until your TV lights up.
Click here to learn more on how to power cycle Vizio TV.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONs
Q1. How do I get my VIZIO TV out of wide mode?
You can change the mode of your Vizio TV under the aspect ratio setting. The steps for the same are explained in the above article.
Q2. Why can’t I change the Aspect Ratio on VIZIO TV?
This might be due to your source device. Sometimes the source device may adjust the size of the content viewed automatically.
Q3. How do I reset the picture size on my VIZIO TV?
You will find the reset option in your Vizio TV menu. Follow method 4 from the above article to know them more.
The above article explains the various methods to fix Vizio TV stuck in wide mode or zoom mode. The methods are explained in detail, step-by-step. Hope it helped resolve your issue.