Curious about why Crunchyroll is not working on your Samsung TV?
Well, you’ve come to the right corner of the Internet.
In this article, we will explain “Why is Crunchyroll Not Working on Samsung TV” and walk you through a step-by-step guide on “How to get Crunchyroll on your Samsung TV.”
Let’s get started.
Why is Crunchyroll not on Samsung TV?
Short Answer: The Crunchyroll app is not available on Samsung TV because the operating system of Samsung TVs is Tizen. Unfortunately, Tizen doesn’t support the Crunchyroll app meaning you can’t use the Crunchyroll app directly on your Samsung TV.
If you want to learn more about the devices that support Crunchyroll app, you can find a comprehensive list on their Official Website.
How to get Crunchyroll on Samsung TV?
Crunchyroll isn’t available on Samsung TV? Fret not, there are ways to get around it.
Below listed are some methods that explain “How to get Crunchyroll on Samsung TV.”
Method#1: Use a Streaming Device
The best part is that they’re affordable and super easy to set up. All you have to do is plug it into your TV’s HDMI port followed by downloading the Crunchyroll app and enjoy streaming your favorite Anime content.
Method#2: Screen Mirror Crunchyroll to your Samsung TV
A convenient way to enjoy Crunchyroll content on your Samsung TV is by mirroring it from another device.
Here’s how you mirror the Crunchyroll app from your other device:
For iOS Devices (Via Apple Airplay):
- Step 1: Make sure your iOS device and Samsung TV are connected to the same Internet connection
- Step 2: Navigate to Settings on your Samsung TV
- Step 3: Under settings, go to General
- Step 4: Then, go to Apple Airplay Settings
- Step 5: Next, Enable the Airplay Feature
- Step 6: Afterward, choose First Time Only on Require Code
- Step 7: Now, grab your iOS device and launch the Crunchyroll App
- Step 8: Find an Episode to watch
- Step 9: Next, launch Control Centre and tap on the Screen Mirroring option
- Step 10: Finally, choose your Samsung TV from the list of options
NOTE: Keep in mind that Apple Airplay is compatible with Samsung TVs released between (2018-2023)
For Samsung Devices (Via Smart View):
- Step 1: Connect your Samsung Phone and Samsung TV to the same Internet connection
- Step 2: Next, you need to install the Samsung Smart View App
- Step 3: Once installed, open the app and hit Allow to locate nearby TVs
- Step 4: Next, choose your Samsung TV from the list
- Step 5: Finally, launch Crunchyroll App on your phone and start streaming your favorite Anime
For Other Android Users (Via Screen Sharing):
- Step 1: Connect your Android Device and Samsung TV to the same Internet
- Step 2: Launch the built-in Screen-Sharing Feature or App on your mobile
- Step 3: Choose your Samsung TV from the list of available devices
- Step 4: Launch the Crunchyroll App on your mobile and start streaming your favorite Anime on the big screen
After doing so, you’ll be able to watch the Crunchyroll content on your Samsung TV.
Method#3: Use Crunchyroll App on your Gaming Console
Did you know you can watch Crunchyroll on your gaming console? Yes, you read it right! Many gaming consoles including Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, etc support the Crunchyroll app.
So, if you have the privilege to own a gaming console, might as well use it to access Crunchyroll content.
Here’s how you get the Crunchyroll app on your gaming console:
- Step 1: Launch the App Store of your gaming console on a Samsung TV
- Step 2: Look for the Crunchyroll app and Install it
- Step 3: Sign in to your Crunchyroll Account
- Step 4: Find your favorite Anime series and start streaming
Method#4: Stream Crunchyroll Using an HDMI Cable
One of the simplest and easiest ways to stream Crunchyroll on your Samsung TV is by using an HDMI cable. All you have to do is connect your laptop or computer to the TV via an HDMI cable.
After doing so, launch Crunchyroll on your laptop’s browser, play your favorite anime content, and the TV will display it on the big screen.
Method#5: Cast your Web Browser Using a Third-Party App
Another effective way to watch Crunchyroll on your Samsung TV is by using a third-party app. We recommend using a Web Video Caster which enables you to cast videos from your phone to your TV. This app works like a web browser and provides you with additional features like ad blocking (Internal Link, how to block ads on CR), subtitles, video downloading, and more.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Step 1: Go to Appstore (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android)
- Step 2: Install Web Video Caster
- Step 3: Find the video to watch on Crunchyroll and cast it on the big screen
Method#6: Stream Crunchyroll on Your Smart TV Browser
As Crunchyroll app is not available on Samsung TVs. You can try streaming Crunchyroll content on Samsung TV’s built-in browser.
Here’s how you do it:
- Step 1: Grab your remote and press the Home Button
- Step 2: Head over to the Apps Section on the Home Screen
- Step 3: Next, search for the Internet Browser
- Step 4: Once you find the browser, Open it
- Step 5: Type in crunchyroll.com and hit the iconic Search Icon
- Step 6: Once you reach there, choose your favorite Anime series and start binge-watching on Crunchyroll
- Why Is My Crunchyroll Subscription Not Working (Solved)
- Why Does Crunchyroll Have So Many Ads And Remove Them
- Fix: Crunchyroll Not Working On PS5
- Fix: Crunchyroll Offline Viewing Not Working
To sum up, Samsung TVs don’t support the Crunchyroll app, but you can use several methods to bridge this gap. In this article, we’ve outlined effective workarounds on “How to Get Crunchyroll on Samsung TV.” So, what are you waiting for? Break free from the shackles and start streaming your favorite Anime on your Samsung TV.
An experienced technical writer who specializes in simplifying technical jargon. Being a lifelong learner, she stays up-to-date with the latest trends and tools in the world of technology. When she’s not writing technical stuff, you can find her reading self-help books.