Hulu, the American subscription streaming service slowly rising to become one of the most in-demand apps across the globe. Founded on October 29, 2007, Hulu was first introduced by the gigantic company The Walt Disney Company. Now millions of people use Hulu to watch movies and shows.
The Hulu app works a lot like Netflix and Amazon Prime. However, Hulu offers its subscribers to watch tv series from ABC, NBC, and FX Networks. In addition, Hulu users can enjoy Hulu’s original programs from any smart device.
The great things about using these streaming services are you can use them from any smart device including Android, and iOS. And for Hulu users, this platform is also accessible on set-top boxes such as Apple TV, and Amazon Fire Stick.
But, in recent days users of Apple devices have complained in the Hulu Community that they are struggling to watch anything through their Apple TV. One user wrote “why am I seeing Fix Hulu not working with airplay?” another user wrote, “why can’t I play Hulu on airplay, what’s wrong?”
Well, we have heard your problems and come up with solutions. Keep on reading to know how you can fix this situation.
Why can’t I Airplay Hulu to My TV?
Quick Answer: You can’t Airplay Hulu to your TV because your internet connection isn’t stable, your TV doesn’t support Airplay, your TV software is outdated, Hulu servers are not responding, or there could be issues with Hulu mobile app.
- If you are using the old version of the Hulu app or Apple TV’s firmware, then this issue can occur.
- Maybe your Internet connection isn’t strong to load the Hulu’s video on your Apple TV.
- Perhaps the Hulu server is down for some reason, that’s why this is happening.
- The Hulu app is not working as intended. That’s the reason, you can’t Airplay Hulu to your TV.
How to Fix Hulu not working with Airplay?
Don’t be frustrated if you are seeing this hitch repeatedly. We got your back. Here is the 7 solutions to the ”Fix Hulu not working with Airplay” issue.
1. Check Hulu’s servers
The first thing you need to do when Hulu isn’t working on Airplay is to check the server. As it’s an online streaming service, server problems are very common in such cases.
Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to fix the issue. You have to wait for a while till the servers come back online again.
We suggest our readers keep track of the Hulu server status on third-party tracker websites like Isitdownrightnow and Downdetector. This is a better option than waiting cluelessly.
2. Check if your Apple TV model supports Hulu Airplay
Hulu can be streamed on supported Apple TV models. But, you cannot Airplay Hulu on all Apple TV models.
Hulu can be streamed through Airplay on 3rd generation and later Apple TV models. Check out the supported devices list here.
3. Check if your TV is AirPlay-Enabled
If you are not using an Apple TV to stream Hulu, you will need your TV to be Airplay-enabled.
Not all smart TV supports the Airplay feature. And even if you follow the right step, you won’t be able to stream Hulu to your TV.
Airplay is enabled on all major TV brands like – LG, Samsung, Sony, Roku TV, VIZIO and more. Make sure to check the list of all supported TV models here.
4. Re-Login to the Apple TV account
Sometimes, simple troubleshooting can fix issues with the Airplay feature on your TV. One such method is to Re-login to your account on Apple TV.
Follow the steps below to re-login to your account
- 1. Open Apple TV
- 2. By using the global navigation bar go to your profile
- 3. Now, scroll down to the bottom and tap Log Out
- 4. Wait for a few seconds and log in again to see if the problem is resolved or not
If the issue pertains, proceed with the next step.
5. Re-enable Airplay
Another troubleshooting method includes reactivating Airplay on your device. The method might sound like a very basic way of troubleshooting, but you must give it a try!
By default, the Airplay feature is set to automatic in all iPhone models, you need not change this as this setting makes things seamless for you.
To deactivate the Airplay, simply switch off your device and reboot it. And try establishing the connection again.
6. Check internet connection
As you already know, to stream through Airplay, you need a stable and strong internet connection, a good Wifi connection, to be very specific. And both the devices, the mobile device and the TV, must be on the same Wifi connection.
Yes, the magic happens on the same network.
Check if your mobile device is connected to the same Wifi. If it is on mobile data, switch it back to the Wifi connection.
Internet connection must be strong. Check if your Wifi router is working as intended. You can check the connection speed here.
7. Reset your Apple TV
If you Wifi connection is up and working, and still the issue pertains, we will suggest resetting your Apple TV.
Follow the steps below to reset your Apple TV –
- 1. On your Siri remote, press and hold the Back and TV button until the lights of the Apple TV blink continuously.
- 2. Now, unplug the cable from the wall outlet and wait for 5 to 10 minutes.
- 3. Go to Settings and at the bottom, select System and then Reset. In some Apple TV models, you might have to select General instead of System.
- 4. Choose the Resetting option. We suggest selecting – Reset and Update or Restore.
8. Update the Hulu app
There could be a glitch in your Hulu app. Updating the app might fix the problem right away.
Simply head to the App Store on your device and search the Hulu app. Select ‘Update’ to install the latest patch updates.
9. Update your TV
Another troubleshooting method includes updating the TV software on which you wish to stream Hulu using Airplay.
For Apple TV –
- 1. Go to Home using button on your remote.
- 2. Go to Settings > System Settings > Software Update.
- 3. Press the OK button on your remote control to check for updates.
- 4. The update will be applied if it is available
For other TVs –
All TV brands have a different procedure of checking updates. The general procedure includes the following steps:
- 1. Go to Settings
- 2. Go to System
- 3. Select About
- 4. Finally, select System software update
10. Contact Apple Support
If nothing has worked so far, we will suggesting talking professional help.
You can contact Apple Support team and ask them for the assistance. You can follow this link to official Support page and establish a medium of contact.
11. Establish a wired connection to Stream
If you cannot get through the Hulu ‘AirPlay not working’ issue it will be a good idea to go for a wired connection to stream your favourite show.
Follow the steps mentioned below –
- 1. Connect the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to iPhone/ iPad
- 2. The HDMI cord needs to be connected to your TV and the Lightning Digital AV Adapter
- 3. Now, put your TV source settings on HDMI mode and select the correct HDMI input
- 4. Open the Hulu app on your iPhone/ iPad and get the show started
And that’s it, ladies and gentlemen.
1. Can I airplay on Hulu?
Yes, you can. First, connect your Apple TV or AirPlay-compatible smart tv with your wifi. Then open the Hulu app and select a show. Now, at the top of the player window, you will see the AirPlay icon, click it and select your Apple tv from that list.
2. Why can’t I Airplay Hulu to my tv?
Maybe you are using the previous version of the Hulu app or firmware of the Apple tv.
3. I can’t cast Hulu to my TV, what’s the reason?
Hulu is not working on Chromecast because of your network’s problem or software-related problems.
4. Can I access Hulu on 2nd Gen Apple TV?
As per we know, Hulu no longer supports the 2nd generation Apple tv.
5. Is Hulu suitable for AirPlay?
Yes, it is. Hulu is compatible with any smart devices like Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, Google Chromecast, Android TV, and many more.
This ends our discussion on today’s topic “How to Fix Hulu not working with AirPlay?” If you ever encounter such problems, follow the above procedures point by point to fix this troublesome situation. And watch Hulu’s original programs and shows without any disruptions.
How to Fix Hulu videos not playing?
Why is HBO Max different on Hulu?
[Solved] Why can’t I watch Hulu on my laptop?
[FIXED] “Your account does not have access to the HULU application”
[Fixed] Sprint Hulu not working (2022)
Stay connected with us for the latest updates! Follow us on Telegram and Twitter to join our vibrant community and never miss out on any exciting content."