If your TikTok keeps resetting you have landed on the right page.
Here, we have provided the reasons why it may happen and how to fix it.
One of the most well-known programs for social media, TikTok has millions of users located in every region of the world.
TikTok has been known to randomly reset itself whenever certain individuals attempt to utilize the application, which results in a frustratingly frequent interruption. Don’t worry, we’re here to help you get rid of this inconvenient problem, so there’s no need to stress about it.
A great number of TikTokers make use of the site so that they may make money, share their greatest photographs and humorous films, and show their individuality.
Nevertheless, the program, much like any other mobile software, contains a number of bugs and inconsistencies in its functionality. Users have already noted that Tiktok continues to rest on various Apple and Android devices. This troubleshooting guide will walk you through the simple procedures that you need to do in order to fix this annoying problem.
Why does my TikTok keep resetting
Short answer: Your Tiktok keeps resetting because your app isn’t up-to-date, TikTok servers may be down, your phone’s storage is full, or you have background App refresh turned on.
TikTok provides its users with a page titled ‘For You’ that is uniquely crafted for each individual user. The algorithms contained inside the app are able to track the videos that you view, as well as the videos that you enjoy and those that you do not enjoy.
TikTok will create a page called ‘For You’ that will provide you with alternatives that it believes you would love based on the content that you have viewed in the past.
However, some users have reported that they are experiencing problems with this function, as it frequently resets itself to appear as though it is providing information for a completely new user.
Users of TikTok may at times have certain difficulties as a result of the following factors:
- It’s possible that the program is not updated is what’s causing TikTok to continually get reset, in which case a simple upgrade would fix the problem.
- There is a possibility that the issue is being caused by the TikTok Server being down.
- The storage on the phone has reached its capacity; clearing some space out of the storage should fix the problem.
- If you have Background App Refresh turned on, this might be another cause of TikTok crashing and resuming constantly.
How to Fix TikTok keep resetting
When someone does not know how to tackle a problem, even a simple issue can become a source of difficulties.
As a result, we are here to assist you in resolving any problems you may be having with TikTok by guiding you through some straightforward and uncomplicated troubleshooting methods. It is recommended that you restart the program that could fix the problem before attempting any other remedy.
Method 1 – Reboot the Phone
In the event that you are having problems with the TikTok app, try restarting the operating system on your device by turning it off for a few seconds and then turning it back on again.
Because it refreshes the memory, frees up RAM, kills any active processes, and so forth, restarting your phone can address the problem where TikTok constantly resets itself. After you have restarted the phone, try opening the app again to check whether the problem still exists.
Method 2 – Clear the Phone Storage
If your phone has reached its storage capacity, which may be the source of the issue, you may free up some space by uninstalling or deleting programs, films, or any other data that is not important.
When you use the internet or a mobile application, temporary data and unneeded files are created, and they are often kept on your device after you have finished using them.
When the storage space on your mobile phone is exhausted, the junk that has gathered causes the device to perform more slowly and may create other issues as well, such as Tiktok continually having to reset itself.
Method 3 – Clear TikTok Cache Data
If the solutions described above are unsuccessful for you, you should try emptying the application’s cache to see if that helps. Every one of the applications stores data in its cache with the purpose of making your experience better in general over time.
The fact that the program is able to save this information does not indicate that it is spying on you; rather, it is able to preserve your preferences so that the next time you use it, it will be able to fulfill all of your requirements.
- Step 1– To begin, go to the Settings menu on your phone and choose Apps & Notifications.
- Step 2– You should now be able to view all of the programs that have been installed; locate TikTok within the list.
- Step 3- Select Storage & Cache, then select Clear Cache from the menu.
- Step 4– Finally, after returning to the previous screen, click the Force Stop button to completely exit the application.
- Step 5- Launch the program to see if the problem still occurs after doing so.
- Step 1- Launch the TikTok application.
- Step 2- To access your profile, select the ‘Me’ button located in the lower right corner.
- Step 3- Tap the three dots that are located in the top right corner of the screen.
- Step 4- Tap ‘Clear cache’ when you’ve located it using the scroll wheel.
Method 4 – Uninstall and Reinstall TikTok
If none of the solutions presented above are successful, the best option is to remove the program from your computer. Then uninstall it and reinstall it from the App Store or the Google Play Store. Check to ensure that the internet connection is functioning appropriately.
Sometimes the problem will interfere with the app, which will cause TikTok to have troubles that require it to constantly reset.
Follow these instructions to remove the TikTok application from your Android device.
- Step 1– To begin, navigate to the Settings menu on your phone and select the Apps & Notifications option.
- Step 2- Now that you have access to the list of programs, locate TikTok and select the Uninstall button next to it.
- Step 3- After that, you will need to authenticate the removal procedure by clicking on the Confirm button.
- Step 4– After you have removed the application from your device, go to the App Store, type ‘TikTok’ into the search bar, and then select the Install button.
This problem with TikTok may be fixed in a number of different ways. You can get in touch with TikTok’s customer service if the app continues to reset itself. Before submitting a formal complaint, it is strongly recommended that you give each of the aforementioned solutions a go.
Technical writer and avid fan of cutting-edge gadgetry, Abhishek has authored works on the subject of Android & iOS. He’s a talented writer who can make almost any topic interesting while helping his viewers with tech-related guides is his passion. In his spare time, he goes camping and hiking adventures.