In this article we will clarify a general doubt that several TikTok users express. We will discuss why users cannot add a link to the TikTok bio and how you can fix it. Keep reading.
TikTok brings users over to a platform of unlimited entertainment where anyone can explore over tons of interesting contents. It helps users connect with creative people from all over the globe.
Coming back to the topic, TikTok has offered its users the perfect way to express themselves in front of their viewers via its bio feature. A user can modify their bio as per their choice, making it influential and interesting to other users.
You can achieve more sophistication if you get to broaden your connection through other means. If you wish to let your followers on TikTok know about your achievements or work through link addresses, then, having your bio include it would be great!
Adding links to your bio is possible on TikTok, yet many users are not sure about how to make this happen. Are you facing the issue of not being able to add a link to your TikTok bio? We are here to help you with just that.
Why can’t I add a link to my TikTok bio?
The reason for not being able to add a link to your TikTok bio is that generally, your account might be a personal one. This means that, it is more of a casual account only for the purpose of entertainment where you will not have the option to add any links to your bio.
However, you can also get a business account on TikTok, wherein you get to add links to your bio under the ‘website’ detail.
So, if your account is personal and you wish to get links displayed on your bio, then don’t worry about anything else and switch into a business account. Now, how to know whether your account is a personal or business account?
Given below are the details on how to add/put link to your TikTok bio, where we have explained all about it. Hope it helps.
How to add/put link to my TikTok bio?
When you want some extra details added onto your account on TikTok, you would definitely go for putting in a link onto your bio that directs your viewers to some website or a portfolio that you have created. This could be to impress your viewers and share your ideas with them, or it could be for your business.
Either way, using the platform of TikTok to get people to see your work or know you better is a great idea. So how to get that link onto your bio? All you got to do is change your personal account into a business account. This will enable the website option on your bio where you will be able to add links.
1. Switch to business account.
So how can you know whether the website option is available for your account or not? Here is how you can check this on your TikTok account;
- First, launch the TikTok app using your login credentials. Go to your profile page by clicking on the ‘Me’ icon.
- Then click on the 3 dots present on the top right-hand side of the profile page. This will open the settings.
- Next select ‘Manage account’. Among the options, select ‘pro account’.
- Then select ‘Business’ and tap on ‘continue’.
- This will successfully switch your regular account to a business account.
- Now click on ‘next’ which will direct you to a list of categories that your account is based on. Select the suitable category. This concludes the process.
2. Add the link to your TikTok bio.
Once you have completed the above steps, now you will get to add a link on the website option which is made available in your business account. Here is how you can provide your link in the ‘website’ option;
- First, launch the TikTok application.
- Then go to the ‘profile page’.
- Click on ‘Edit profile’ and then look for the ‘Website option’.
- Now tap on ‘Add your website’.
- This will direct you to a page where you can add the links to your website.
- Press on ‘Save’ to keep the website visible on your bio which your followers can view.
You can always switch back to your personnel account when considering the fact that business accounts do not support a lot of audios or songs used to create content on TikTok.
3. Switch back to personal account.
You might consider continuing with the same business account since your followers get to access the link provided in your bio. If you wish to switch back to personal account, it won’t harm any data from your TikTok account but it will no longer contain the option to add the link.
Even though you include it in your bio, the link might not direct your viewers to the intended page. Also, business accounts hold various provisions which helps you monitor your followers, the number of views and other useful data.
If you are planning to handle a professional business via TikTok, you should consider making it a business account. The only drawback is regarding the fact that you may not have complete access over songs and other entertainment features.
Here is how you can switch to personal account;
- Enter your TikTok account.
- Click on the ‘profile’ icon.
- Now select the three dots on the top of the page.
- Click on ‘Manage account’ and then select ‘Switch to personal account’.
- They will request you to confirm the selection. Select ‘Switch back’.
This will switch your account back to a personal one. Hope it helps.
Frequently Asked Questions.
Q1. How do I add a link to my TikTok bio?
You can add a link to your TikTok bio by switching into a pro account or a business account. First, open your TikTok profile page. Then click on the three dots on the top right corner. From the options select ‘manage account’ and then scroll towards ‘Pro account’. Tap on ‘Business’ and hit ‘Continue’.
After choosing an appropriate category, you have successfully switched to business account. For more details, refer to the article above. Hope it helps.
This article explains why you can’t add a link to your TikTok bio. We have explained the reason and also provided the solution for the same. Hope it helps.
Dilha is a writer who loves composing poems and going into deep research on all kinds of tech stuff that they don’t teach in school.
anything that marks the extraordinary part of this generation excites her. she is currently persuing her degree in genetic engineering. here at Android Nature, she is assigned with various cool topics and is responsible for sharing cool insight and updates on the same.