Do you want to know how to fix a Hisense Roku remote that’s not working?
We’ve got some helpful methods on how you can solve the problem.
Also, it is possible that there may be an easy solution, so you can be back to streaming on your couch in no time.
Why is my Hisense Roku TV remote not working?
Most remote controls that Cable TV providers supply is universal remote controls that allow for the programming of multiple home devices.
For many users, this allows these TV remotes to control both their television and cable box at the same time.
This saves the user from having to have a minimum of two remote controls just to enjoy watching TV.
Unfortunately, this also means that if things are not programmed correctly, it can cause issues.
Also, if the programming has been lost due to various reasons, your remote may not operate on your TV or any other device it was programmed to control properly.
How to Fix Hisense Roku TV remote not working?
Method 1: Replace old batteries with fresh batteries
Let’s start with the most simple explanation. Have you checked if your remotes’ batteries haven’t run out?
A slowly reducing performance is a sure-fire indicator that the low battery power could be the problem.
Some Roku remote controls require two AA batteries while others require two AAA batteries.
Check the stickers on the remote to make sure what to buy. The batteries can be removed and checked from behind.
There is a sliding panel on the backside of the device.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Insert a battery looking at the + pole and – pole according to the remote.
- Do not use a new battery and a used battery together as a pair in the remote. Different kinds of batteries can also cause issues.
- Do not use rechargeable batteries.
Method 2: Roku remote not working: use the Roku app
Roku’s mobile app is very useful. You can search for stuff, discover new apps and cast your own phone on the screen.
One of the functionalities of the app is that you can use your phone as a remote control in this app.
- Install the Roku app for iOS or Android from the Play store.
- Now connect your phone to the same wireless network as your Hisense Roku TV
- Select the Remote tab.
- A screen with a D-pad and all sorts of media controls and volume controls will open up.
- Now, you’ve got a Roku TV remote.
Method 3: Check for jammed buttons
Buttons in the remote can get stuck due to overuse or age of the remote.
This can cause the remote to not respond to pressing other buttons. Make sure none of the remote buttons is jammed.
Method 4: Pair remote with TV
Another common cause for your remote not working is that the remote control has become unpaired from the Roku TV it is supposed to operate.
Things such as system updates, low power, change of Wi-Fi networks, device getting used by another Roku box, or a technical glitch in the system could trigger an unexpected unpairing of the remote.
Surprisingly, it is easy to pair a TV remote with your TV. Just follow these given instructions:
- Switch off and disconnect your TV from its power supply.
- Wait for a few seconds and reconnect the box. Now, wait for the Home page to load on the screen.
- Find the pairing button on your Hisense Roku remote. It is usually found on the front of the TV remote or in the battery compartment.
- Hold the button down for a few seconds until you see the remote light blinking.
Some older Roku models come with an IR blaster instead of using your Wi-Fi connection to control the TV.
If you have an IR remote that’s not working, check that no dirt is blocking the IR blaster or the receiver on the TV.
Method 5: Clean the remote control terminals.
The remote control battery terminals can be dirty (the battery slot).
Remove the batteries from the backside and clean the remote control terminals with a solution of alcohol or water, using a cotton bud or soft cotton cloth.
Now, place the batteries back in the remote control.
Method 6: Perform a factory reset on the TV
If it is caused by an external factor or a device, it may be improved by resetting your TV.
- Plugin your device.
- Locate the reset text on your Roku device. Usually, below the text, there is a button.
- Press and hold the button for a few seconds.
- A light will flash and blink rapidly once the reset is complete.
- This will Factory Reset your device.
Method 7: Remove external devices to confirm whether there aren’t influences of external devices
Remove connected devices such as external USB hard disk, HDMI connection device, etc. and cables from the TV.
Do not remove the TV power cable from your TV.
If the connections are complicated and difficult to remember, take note of them, and ensure you can reassemble them before removing them.
How to Reset Hisense Roku TV remote?
You can reset the Roku remote by performing a specific sequence of steps given below.
The remote may not work due to poor contact with the battery. Remove the batteries from the remote.
Depending on the type of remote control, opening the battery cover on the rear may vary. For details, refer to the manual.
To reset your TV remote, follow the steps given below:
- Remove the batteries from the rear side of your Hisense TV remote.
- Now, go to Settings >> System >> System Restart >> Restart if you have an IR Roku remote that’s still working.
- Alternatively, power reset the TV.
- Wait for a few seconds and then reconnect your TV to power.
- Wait for the Home screen to finish loading.
- Reinsert the batteries in your remote
A malfunctioning remote can sure be a hassle. Follow these methods step by step to get the best out of this article.
By a new TV remote if all these given methods fail. Alternatively, in the meantime, you can use the buttons on the back of your TV.
This article outlined the various ways for you to repair your TV remote not working with your Hisense TV. Do make sure to come back for more articles from us. Happy streaming!
Best sound settings for Hisense TV (2021)
Fix Hisense Roku TV’s Black screen problems (6 Ways)
How to Fix Hisense TV No Signal (4 Ways)
How to Fix my Hisense TV turns on then off immediately (6 Ways)
Fix Hisense TV won’t turn on but the red light is on