Sling TV is the first app-based TV service letting you stream live television and on-demand content over the internet. It is available on almost all platforms. It has been reviewed to be one of the best replacements for cable TV in the US due to its versatility.
The subscription plans of Sling TV start at $35 per month. There are 2 types of subscription plans namely, Sling Blue (for news, entertainment) and Sling Orange (for sports, families). Apart from these packs, Sling TV is well known for its offerings in Spanish channels.
Sling TV is led by Erik Carlson, who also serves as the President and COO of Dish Network, its parent company. As of March 2021, the service has a total of 2.37 million subscribers.
SEE ALSO: Sling TV free trial (30 days) in 2021
Why Sling TV is not working on Samsung TV?
If you are experiencing an issue with your Sling TV app, there are different reasons why it happens.
Here are some of the known reasons behind the Sling TV app not working:
- An issue with Sling servers
If there is an issue at the Sling server then you can face a Sling not working problem. You can check the status or sling at downdetector.com or isitdownrightnow.com.
- Corrupted app
If the app is corrupted then your sling tv can stop working.
- Device malfunctioning or bugs
A temporary glitch/software bug on your devices can cause Sling TV to stop working properly.
- Network difficulties
You may have a problem with your network connection. The current bandwidth may not be enough to stream live channels on your Samsung TV.
Cached information also may be causing the issue. There are times when your Sling TV app has not been updated, therefore triggering a freezing or buffering problem. In some cases, a glitch in the app itself is causing the error.
How to Fix Sling Tv not working on Samsung TV
Fix 1: Relaunch Sling TV Application after Force Closing It
The issue at hand could be a result of a temporary glitch in the Sling TV app. This glitch can be cleared by relaunching the application after force closing it. For elucidation, we will guide you through the process of an Android device.
- Exit the Sling TV application and open the Settings of your phone.
- Now select Apps or Application Manager and tap on Sling TV and tap Force Close button.
- Relaunch the app.
Fix 2: Try Another Network
ISPs (Internet Service Providers) tend to apply different methods and protocols to manage web traffic and safeguard their users. But in this process access to a resource essential for the operation of Sling TV (a known issue for the streaming services) can be blocked and thus cause the issue at hand. In this case, trying another network may solve the problem.
- Exit the Sling TV application and force close it (as discussed in solution 1).
- Disconnect your device/system from the current network and then connect to another network. If no other network is available, then you can try the hotspot of your phone.
- Now, reload the Sling TV application and check if it’s working.
Fix 3: Sign Out of the Sling TV Application and Then Sign Back into It
The Sling TV application may not work if there is a server-client communication mishap. In this scenario, signing out of the Sling TV application and then signing back into it may solve the problem.
- Launch the Sling TV application and then open its Settings.
- Now, in the Account tab, click on the Sign Out button.
- Then force close the application as discussed in solution 1 and relaunch.
Fix 4: Clear the Cache of the Sling TV Application
The Sling TV application uses a cache to improve the user experience and boost up performance. But Sling TV may not work if its cache is corrupt. In this case, clearing the cache would rebuild the cache and solve the problem.
- Open setting and Go to Apps.
- Then select Manage Installed Application and open Sling TV.
- Now click on Clear Cache.
- Launch Sling TV and let it rebuild cache.
- If the issue doesn’t resolve, clear data as well and relaunch the application.
Fix 5: Reinstall the Sling TV Application
Reinstalling the Sling TV application may solve the problem. You can also update the app as the developer fixes bugs with every update.
- Launch the Settings of your Android phone and open its Application Manager or Apps.
- Then select Sling TV and tap on the Uninstall button.
Fix 6: Reset Your Samsung TV to Factory Defaults / Update OS
If nothing has helped you so far, then the Sling TV issue could be a result of the corrupt OS/firmware of your device. In this scenario, resetting your device to the factory defaults or updating your device’s software may help.
- Open Settings, and select Storage and Reset.
- Now select Factory Data Reset and then select Factory Data Reset to confirm to reset the device.
- In case of an update, select the Check for Updates option. If there is an update available, your TV will automatically install.
- After resetting/updating your TV, check if Sling TV is working.
Q. Why can’t I get Sling TV on my Samsung Smart TV?
A. There is a chance that your TV isn’t compatible with the latest version of the Sling TV app. SLING TV is currently available on select 2016-2019 models of Samsung Smart TVs. If you want more information on supported devices, visit the given link below.
Q. How do I reset the Sling app on Samsung TV?
A. Go to your TV Settings, click on Installed Apps, select the Sling TV app. In the menu, now select Clear Data and Cache. Relaunch. Your app has been reset.
Q. Why is my sling not loading?
A. Primary reason is connectivity issues. Check your internet connection or change to a different one. If the problem persists, re-install the app.
Q. Is Sling TV compatible with Samsung Smart TV?
A. Yes, Sling TV is compatible with most models of Samsung Smart TV. Visit the link given above for more information.
Streaming has certainly become a part of our day-to-day lives. Having streaming problems can sure be a hassle.
We hope the above-mentioned methods to fix the Sling TV app were helpful to you! Happy streaming! For more such helpful articles visit AndroidNature.