Having said this, TikTok doesn’t sit on its hands after reaching this tremendous height of success. This app keeps rolling out new updates and the latest features every now and then to keep the platform new and fresh.
One such feature is Profile View Feature, which lets you keep an eye on all the visitors that happen to stop by your TikTok profile.
Apparently, many users have reported that they are not happy with this feature and are not looking forward to using it.
They have several questions in mind:
- Does TikTok tell you who viewed your profile?
- Can people see who viewed their profiles?
- How to turn on TikTok profile views?
- If I turn on the profile views feature on TikTok and then turn it off, will they know?
Take a sigh of relief, because we’re here to break it down for you.
In today’s article, you are going to learn everything that you need to know about this astounding feature.
So, buckle up, it’s going to be an amazing ride!
Does TikTok tell you who viewed your profile?
Short Answer: When you enable the profile view feature on your TikTok profile, you can see the profiles of all visitors that have viewed your TikTok profile in the last 30 days provided that they also have this feature turned on.
Even though TikTok took away the option to see who viewed your profile some time ago, there were reports in January 2022 that TikTok was bringing back this feature, but only if users chose to enable it.
In February, users began to notice that the feature had indeed returned. However, not everyone was pleased to see it make a comeback.
Continue reading to discover all the important details about this feature.
Can people see who viewed their TikTok profile?
YES! It’s no more a secret that you can now see all the people who have visited your TikTok profile.
But wait, don’t worry if you stalked your crush’s TikTok profile last night because there’s an important condition that needs to be met in order to see all the visitors.
Users who have visited your profile must have their profile view feature enabled on their profile. Otherwise, you won’t be able to see their profiles in your history.
Similarly, if you turn off your profile view history feature, you won’t be able to see who has looked at your profile, and they won’t be able to know that you’ve looked at theirs either.
Yes, you read it right! It’s a two-way street.
In order to see the visitors of your profile, you have to swallow this hard pill.
Previously, we’ve also answered the most asked question which is can people see if I view their TikTok profiles without an account?
How to Turn on/off TikTok Profile Views?
There are two ways to go about with this feature. Firstly, you can turn this feature on directly from your profile views page and secondly, you have to dig a little deeper into settings in order to turn this feature on.
Here, you’ll find both methods. Choose the one that works best for you.
Method#1: Turn on Profile View Feature from Profile Views Page
- Step 1: Launch your TikTok App
- Step 2:Tap on the profile icon in the bottom right corner of the screen
- Step 3: Here, you need to tap on the little footsteps icon in the top right corner of the screen
- Step 4: Next, click on the settings icon
- Step 5: Here, you can Enable and Disable your profile view feature by hitting the toggle button
This is by far the simplest way to enable or disable the profile view feature on TikTok. However, you can also do this by going into the settings of the app.
Method#2: Turn on Profile View Feature in the Settings
If you’re facing any sort of difficulty in enabling or disabling the profile view feature from the profile views page, then consider going into the settings of your TikTok app.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Step 1: Launch your TikTok App
- Step 2: Tap on the profile icon
- Step 3: Next, click on the three bars also known as the hamburger icon
- Step 4: Tap on the Settings and Privacy option in the pop-up window
- Step 5: Now, go to Privacy
- Step 6: Scroll till the very end and click on Profile Views
- Step 7: Here, you can toggle on or off the profile view setting
Some of you might not get this feature on your TikTok app. In that case, you need to do a couple of things mentioned below.
Solution#1: Update your TikTok App
An outdated version of your TikTok app is the number one reason why you’re unable to get your hands on this newly launched feature.
To update your TikTok app, follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Go to Appstore (If you’re an iOS user) or Play store (If you’re an Android user)
- Step 2: Type in TikTok app in the search bar and hit the search icon
- Step 3: If your TikTok app is outdated, you’ll see an Update button. All you need to do is hit that Update button
NOTE: Always keep your apps up-to-date to get all the latest features and updates.
Solution#2: Force Update your TikTok App
If your TikTok app doesn’t have the update button, the next thing you can do is force update your TikTok App.
- Step 1: Launch the Settings app on your iPhone
- Step 2: Tap on General
- Step 3: Next, click on iPhone Storage
- Step 4: Scroll down, find, and tap on the TikTok app
- Step 5: Hit Offload App
After offloading your TikTok app, you’ll see a button saying to reinstall the app. You need to click that button.
This step makes sure that you get the profile view feature by updating your TikTok App to its latest version.
NOTE: To get this feature, you need to be at least 16 years old and have fewer than 5,000 followers.
If I turn on profile views on TikTok and then turn it off, will they know?
If you are planning to disable your profile view history feature but are concerned about whether or not people know that you’ve turned it off, then there’s good news for you!
Nope, nobody’s gonna know that you have just turned your profile view feature off unless they practice some kind of occult or have the power to hack your TikTok app.
Here’s the deal, when you have your profile view feature on, you get a list of viewers who have viewed your TikTok profile in the last 30 days.
The best part? This list is private to you. In other words, only you have access you view this list.
So, there’s no way that someone can peek into this list and get to know whether or not you have your profile view feature turned off.
Remember, once you turn off profile views, you won’t be able to see who has visited your TikTok profile. Also, if you visit other people’s profiles with the feature disabled, you won’t appear in their profile views list.
- Fix: TikTok No Or 0 Views After An Hour (8 Tips)
- Why Can’t I Go Live On TikTok (Reasons & Solutions)
- Why Can’t I Follow People On TikTok (Reasons & Fixes)
We hope that this article succeeds to clear the air about this trendy feature. After reading this article, you surely know how to use this feature to your advantage. By understanding how the profile view history feature works, you can make the most out of TikTok’s platform. So, embrace this feature and make it work for you!
An experienced technical writer who specializes in simplifying technical jargon. Being a lifelong learner, she stays up-to-date with the latest trends and tools in the world of technology. When she’s not writing technical stuff, you can find her reading self-help books.