The Oppo A9 (2020) and A5 (2020) are the latest additions to the Oppo family. While both the smartphones make a good first impression, the Oppo A9 (2020) stands out amidst the crowd. Starting at a price tag of Rs.12,990 for the 4GB RAM+128 GB storage, the Oppo A9 is a bang on the buck. Oppo continues the trend of pricing smartphones aggressively with the A-series.
The Oppo A9 (2020) is powered by the quirky Qualcomm Snapdragon 665. The device packs a gigantic 5,000 mAh battery with Type-C charging. Furthermore, the device also comes with reverse charging enabling it to take the shape of a power bank. Coming to the display, the Oppo A9 features a 6.5-inch nano-waterdrop display with a resolution of 1600 x 720 pixels. The display supports 16M colors and has a screen-to-body ratio of 89%.
Talking about the optics, the Oppo A9 features a quad-camera setup. Following the trend, the device features a 48-MP primary camera with f/1.8 aperture; an 8-MP ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.25 aperture; a 2-MP mono lens with f/2.4 aperture, and a 2-MP portrait lens with f/2.4 aperture. For selfie fanatics, the device is equipped with a 16-MP front camera with an f/2.0 aperture.
On the software front, the Oppo device boots in Android 9 Pie-based ColorOS 6.0.1. Other notable features include Dolby Atmos audio technology, dual stereo speakers, face unlock, Gorilla Glass 3 protection, and a 3-card slot (Dual SIM+Micro SD).
A bootloader is the best method using which an individual can flash custom ROM, custom recovery, custom kernel, and factory flash an Android device. Much to the delight of Oppo users, the bootloader can be unlocked on the latest Oppo A9 (2020). On a side note, make sure to charge the phone sufficiently before commencing with the operation. Bootloading might wipe all the data off the phone, it is important to create a backup.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Oppo A9 (2020)?
- Download and install the Android USB Drivers. Extract the ADB Fastbook setup to the C:/Drive of the PC/Laptop.
- Head to the settings of the device. Enable the developer option to take control of the device.
- Head to the “About Phone” option present in the settings. Proceed to tap on the “Build Number” 6-7 times.
- Enable the OEM unlock and USB Debugging toggle on the device by visiting the developer option.
- Connect the Oppo A9 (2020) to the PC/Laptop using the USB-Type C cable provided in the box.
- Open the ADB folder present in the C://Drive of the PC/Laptop.
- Press the Shift Key and right-click on the mouse to open the command window in the ADB folder.
- Open the command window. Type “ADB devices” to check whether the device is connected to the PC. Grant all the permissions, if prompted.
- Enter the bootloader mode of the Oppo A9 (2020) by entering the “ADB reboot bootloader” in the command window.
- The device will slide into the bootloader mode. To cross-check whether the Oppo smartphone is connected to the ADB fastboot mode securely, enter “fastboot devices” in the command window.
- The device data will be displayed on the screen. If it does not get displayed, make sure to install the latest version of USB Drivers.
- Unlock the bootloader mode by typing “ADB fastboot flashing unlock” into the command window.
- Grant all the permission required for the operation by accessing the Oppo A9 (2020). Once granted, the device will go into the factory data reset mode. There is no reason to panic.
- Once the routine procedure is over, reboot the device by entering “fastboot reboot” using the command window.
- The bootloader gets unlocked on the device.
The procedure of the bootloader unlocks operation might seem to be complex. However, it is beneficial to the user in the long run. Once a user gets the hang of the concept, performing such tasks becomes a cakewalk.